Training simulator

Training simulator

The trucking school I'm going to wants to do almost all truck training in a simulator insted of on the road in a real tractor and trailer. What are your thoughts on this?

Comments
Ayden
Ayden
Sure, simulators are cool and all, but they can’t replicate the feel of a 10-speed under your boots or the smell of diesel in the mornin
Duke
Duke
Hope it comes with a virtual diner 🤣🤣
Tamsin
Tamsin
Next thing ya know, they’ll have us haulin’ virtual cargo and gettin’ paid in pixels!
Callum
Callum
Luckily they havent got the simulator yet and am doing all the training in a real semi. It was super hard at first because it was litterally my first ever time driving a semi and manual and we did all this on a public road with lots of parked cars.
Keanu
Keanu
Yeah...I would never attend a school that did that. I'm not even sure it meets the ELDT driving requirement.
Benito
Benito
I would not go to the school, you need real world experience
Marta
Marta
Do they actually say they are going to do virtual training almost exclusively? Or are they just saying they will have this to show you certain scenarios you can't replicate instantly on the road? Most of the mega carriers have these but it's just a short little run to show you some stuff you can really provide in an instant.
Mandeep
Mandeep
I've got hundreds of hours in American Truck Simulator on my PC! They should me my AZ & CDL in the mail already!!!
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
nope, no way.. there is no substitute for the real thing under real world conditions
More Comments
710 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject