No experience, looking to get my license

No experience, looking to get my license

Anyone know of places that hire on the spot ? Got my permit ,was excited to start with TMC and then was told can you lift 80-100ib tarp. (Wipes tear ,DAMN YOU TARP).

Anyone know of places that hire on the spot ? Got my permit ,was excited to start with TMC and then was told can you lift 80-100ib tarp. (Wipes tear ,DAMN YOU TARP). I’m 5,3 125ibs. So back to the drawing board,called yellow,xpo, swift,Werner,etc. Looking to get paid while training and needing a ride there ,with provided meals and having the option to pay the tuition cost back while working ,with at least a 6month-1year contract. Any recommendations for companies?

Read more...

Comments
Josef
Josef
Well, ain’t that a load of gravel? TMC got you doin’ tarp gymnastics like a circus act.
Daniels
Daniels
Roehl Transport might be your dream. They have a training program, and they’ll even cover your tuition costs.
Elias
Elias
Hey there! 🚚 If you’re just starting out, check out Prime Inc. They offer paid training, and rumor has it they’ve got a soft spot for rookies.
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Eva Johnson / Customer Support

First and foremost, you must get a driver's license for the kind of vehicle you intend to use for delivery work. A regular but still valid driver's license will be taken into consideration for delivery driving employment if you plan to use a light goods vehicle truck for your deliveries.

However, if you want to drive a heavy goods vehicle truck, you must have a commercial driver's license. I would advise getting a state-issued ID card or a passport as a bare minimum, as you are legally obligated to provide evidence of identification to any new employment. A state ID can be obtained without a diving license.

To increase your work options, get your Class A CDL and, at the very least, the tanker endorsement. The hazmat and doubles/triples endorsements are advantages, however, the majority of trucking businesses that want these two endorsements also demand more years of experience.

Driving a commercial vehicle is the only experience that trucking firms would accept, with a preference for local or long-distance driving. There is absolutely no other option, but thankfully, many businesses recruit drivers with no prior experience.

Mulder
Mulder
I went through a local road construction company that ran side dumps. They told me if I went and got my CLP, they’d hire me and pay for my actual CDL. Then again, that was also before the bullshit truck school requirement.
Marni
Marni
The big tarp they have you lift is actually 120lbs. With a little practice I'm sure you could do it. Pulling yourself up onto the side of the trailer would probably be more challenging. I've heard of them letting really short people just climb onto the back of the trailer, but I'm not sure.
Keanu
Keanu
Literally any mega. You found TMC, look along those avenues. Schneider, Swift, C.R. England, Prime, Maverick, Melton, etc etc.
Krueger
Krueger
Try WEL Companies in Wisconsin. They will train you as well.
RoadMan
RoadMan
Try FFE.
Roman
Roman
I would recommend Wilson Logistics or Prime. Most of the other mega carriers are all the same shit. Stay away from CR England and CRST like your life depends on it.
More Comments
578 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject