If a company is sponsoring my CDL

If a company is sponsoring my CDL

If a company is sponsoring my CDL, does that mean that they do the road test, or do I need to take it at the DMV? If I get my CDL in Florida, does that mean I can only get hired by a company that has a location here? Sorry for the questions, but Youtube and Google weren't being as clear as I needed.

Comments
Declan
Declan
As for getting hired, a CDL from Florida is valid nationwide, so you’re not limited to companies only in Florida.
Clayton
Clayton
Florida’s CDL is good all over the map. Don’t matter where you get it, it’s your passport to the open road anywhere in the U.S
Tamsin
Tamsin
Hey, if a company’s footing the bill for your CDL, that’s a green light to a solid start. Just make sure you ace that road test at the DMV.
Marni
Marni
You'll still need to take it at the DMV or licensing center, in every state I'm aware of. And no, if you have an interstate license you can work for companies regardless of their location. I got my CDL in PA, my first job was a company based in OK, next was IL, and current one is in OH.
Keanu
Keanu
I did the Swift Academy in Corsicana, TX, and we road tested with our instructors. They gave us like a document or something that we presented to the DMV that stated a certified instructor passed us, and we didn’t have to do it there. But of course that varies, so make sure you ask.
Krueger
Krueger
Most places have their own DOT-certified testers. You can work in any state, usually. If you move out of FL and try to get a local position in a different state, some companies require a CDL from that state. Every state has different requirements for transferring a CDL so it can be a pain in the ass sometimes.
More Comments
716 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject