I learned very little form my trainer.

I learned very little form my trainer.
Comments
Aidan
Aidan
You’ve got your CDL, and that’s what counts.
Josef
Josef
The real learning starts when you’re in the driver’s seat, making those cross-country runs.
Orlando
Orlando
Time to hit the books and the road to make up for lost miles.
Pascal
Pascal
Really depends on the company. Most mega carriers put people with barely more experience than a fresh hire in a trainer's position.
Sion
Sion
Fresh out of training and I have learned more on my own is that normal?
Keanu
Keanu
I was honestly embarrassed my first day of trucking with how little I they taught me in school
Krueger
Krueger
Most trainers are not good teachers. They opt into being a “trainer” for the extra pay. They are basically just baby sitters. Very normal to feel like you are learning much more on your own especially without the stress of being watched or stuck in a confined space with someone.
Hello
Hello
Same here my company trainer didn't teach me anything, neither did my cdl school.
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
First time i put on chains i was Solo driving through Vail Pass in colorado during a blizzard a few months after upgrading. Make friends online and ask lots of questions. Funny thing about truckers is the road is so lonely they are very talkative and helpful with online communities.
More Comments
765 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject