what are your guys thoughts on new driver employment contracts?

what are your guys thoughts on new driver employment contracts?

They want me to sign a one year contract. The contract is super simple, all it says is: "Our training costs ~$14,800, and we require you to complete 12 months of employment. If you do not complete 12 months of employment, we reserve the right to seek legal restitution for the cost of the program." Now I have no idea if I will want to compete a full year with this company or not. I'm curious how binding a contract like this really is, or if it is even lawful at all.

Comments
Pascal
Pascal
You don’t want to end up in a financial ditch if things go south
Clayton
Clayton
Buddy, that’s a hefty price tag for training. Make sure you’re not biting off more than you can chew.
Sion
Sion
A year on the road ain’t a short haul
Eddie
Eddie
Are they paying off your schooling or raping you in the asshole?
Marni
Marni
Never heard of this before.
Xander
Xander
Do NOT sign yourself into ANY form of servitude. There are some MEGAs that do this too regarding leasing a truck. At the very minimum the contract won't say how many hours/miles/$ you are guaranteed in those 12 months so there are setting you up for failure.
Barney
Barney
I'm not sure if it is binding but I wouldn't sign it. Since you have your CDL you shouldn't have to sign a contract. Those that don't have a CDL shouldn't sign a contract saying they will owe $14000.
Iestyn
Iestyn
1 year contracts are pretty common for training companies, now the $14,800 cost is absolutely bullshit
More Comments
767 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject