How do owner-operators find freight?

How do owner-operators find freight?

I have my truck, I tried to work with these companies, and everyone wants to own your money, and they are sending you no actual confirmations! So how can I find my loads?

Comments
Clayton
Clayton
Look for local shippers who might need a regular hauler. Building a relationship with them can get you steady work without all the runaround.
Fred
Fred
You gotta be a hustler, check out load boards, and make direct contacts.
Josef
Josef
Buddy, it’s all about networking. Hit up the old CB radio, connect with other drivers
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
Of course, everyone wants to play with you! I know a few companies in Chicago who play these games with drivers and own all your money!
Mck
Mck
Wow, by the way 3PLs do not employ drivers. They contract with independent motor carriers.
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Hello Mr. Mamadoi! You will need to open your own MC and DOT #! Then, of course, be responsible for insurance, and paperwork, hire a dispatcher, or (look for a load by yourself)! After this, you can connect with brokers and work with your own business! Finally, you must open accounts with Loads Platforms to find a load. Good luck to you!
Mark
Mark
How about the fact that 3PLs are third-party logistics providers' carrier networks? They match owner-operators with available loads from shippers.
Joe
Joe
I didn’t know about it. I know that they can bid on loads independently on digital load boards
More Comments
683 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject