What's the difference between OTR, local and regional trucking?

What's the difference between OTR, local and regional trucking?

I'll get my CDL in one month; which position do I need to choose? Can someone help me, please?

I'll get my CDL in one month; which position do I need to choose? Can someone help me, please?

In my opinion regional trucking refers to the part of the country usually within a 1,000 mile radius. Local trucking is within a 200 mile radius and consist of an 8-10 hour work day. OTR trucking involves long distances, across state lines and even national borders. What do you think guys?

Read more...

Comments
Elias
Elias
Regional’s the middle road, you get a bit of both worlds.
Orlando
Orlando
If you’re a homebody, might wanna stick to local or regional gigs
Haroon
Haroon
Rollin’ OTR ain’t for the faint of heart, it’s the long haul life for me. You get to see the country, but you’re away from home a lot.
Fleur
Fleur
Regional areas
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Hello! Of course, I will try to help you! And I will talk about Company Driver positions. - OTR position is better for drivers ready to stay Over the Road for around two weeks! This driver works for a CPM ( Cents per mile) and can bring home about $2500 per week (if he's hardworking! About home time, it will be 2 or 3 days home in 2 or 3 weeks. - Regional position. Companies pay by CPM or Daily rate. It depends on the trucking company. Home time will be possible - once (a day or two) a week. - Local position. Companies pay by hourly rate or Daily rate. Every day home. You can bring home around $1500 per week, depending on how many hours you are ready to work!
Joe
Joe
Typically, regional is broken up into divisions like Northeast and Midwest.
Max
Max
You know, there is another important factor that local allows the driver to be home every night, which can be a real benefit to those with a family.
David
David
For me too, and as for the differences regional trucking days usually coincide with weekends which is a main appeal for this type of route over OTR.
Tomas
Tomas
You right, and did you know that OTR stands for, over the road, driver spends 2-4 weeks at a time on the road. That’s too much for me
More Comments
620 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject