Working as a truck driver

Working as a truck driver

Hello everyone 🙋‍♂️. Old timers I'm thinking about working as a truck driver and I can't decide whether to go down this path or not. Can y'all share your experience? and How much can I make as a driver? Thanks

Comments
Declan
Declan
Howdy! If you got a love for the highway and don’t mind solitude, truckin’ might just be your calling.
Fergus
Fergus
Can be tough but rewarding. Pay depends on a lot of things like miles, freight, and company. Do your homework and roll safe
Clayton
Clayton
Welcome to the crossroads, newbie. Truckin’ ain’t just a job
Rory
Rory
Hey dude, I'm not an Old timer, but I can give some good advice for you. Just find a good company on this website, read all reviews, see prons and cons, and decide for yourself, because everyone has their own opinion, but decision is yours
Mike
Mike

I was actually making good weekly money at Schneider. By the way you can find it here (https://newjobs4you.com/job-board/schneider-local-illinois/), and see for yourself. But I lived in the truck for three weeks at a time and got 5 days off before going out again and living in the truck again. Turns out that good money wasn’t so good when I factored that 5 days off not getting paid. I bailed on that nonsense as soon as I could.

Rony
Rony
In 1992, my dad made $500/day hauling logs. Now loggers make about $350/day and there's seasonal layoffs. I'm studying math in my spare time to leave this pin monkey industry behind. My advice is don't even consider this job because It'll waste your time and energy.
David
David
I just grossed ~2500 at 69 (nice) hours locally. I liked the money but I was a fucking robot.
Hello
Hello
OTR made me the most money. 2500-3500 a week with the average being in between. I stupidly traded that for a local job. Ended up working more hours, plus a commute, with half the pay. If you gonna be a truck driver, go for an OTR position brother.
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
Recovered day-cabber here. Local got me my biggest paydays but running out the full clock every week was brutal.
More Comments
706 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject