Address on Medical Examiner's Certificate

Address on Medical Examiner's Certificate

I just realized after nearly a year of having moved away from Boston that my DOT Medical Card displays my old Boston address. Do I need to keep that address current? The certificate expires in a year.

I went through a DOT inspection once during my employment at Roehl and the inspector didn't seem to notice and/or care about the discrepancy between the addresses on my CDL which is current and that of my DOT medical card, which is not. I went through a DOT inspection once during my employment at Roehl and the inspector didn't seem to notice and/or care about the discrepancy between the addresses on my CDL which is current and that of my DOT medical card, which is not.Thanks!

Comments
Haroon
Haroon
A year out and no hiccups?
Declan
Declan
give a shout to the DMV just to keep things smoother
Clayton
Clayton
I’d say keep rollin’ as you are. If the DOT boys ain’t raisin’ eyebrows, you’re golden
GGG
GGG
Some companies actually let you use the one from the past. Usually a smaller company will do this. Not sure if it is the right thing to do but some have done this. The medical address means nothing! Only the drivers licences means anything and I am not sure on them laws so I won't even go there. I thought it was the state had to match the state you live in (this could be our company policy though). :?:
Mike
Mike
if he is going to a new employer, the new employer is I believe, actually required to have a DOT physical done at time of hire, regardless of the expiration date on his current med card. So the address issue would be a no issue, since a new med card would be issued. On the other hand, providing the current carriers records reflect his new/current address, then the address on the current med card need not reflect the correct address.
Hello
Hello
I wouldn't worry about that either. Simply explain that you moved to a different state...and had to switch to the new state of residence's CDL. If the DOT gets hairy about it.... your employer can set them straight.
Alex
Alex
what about DL number? if the address is current but the DL is differant? cause i was planning on moving woul di have to get a new med card after i change my license over from state to state?? __________________ Just getting started
Alex
Alex
alright cause it expires end of Oct. '07 so either way i need a new on before then.
Duncan
Duncan
Thanks Benito. New employer, so I'm trying to make sure everything's kosher before I go in.
Benito
Benito
I wouldn't worry about it.
Benito
Benito
Mine doesn't show the correct address either. As long as it isn't expired, then you should be ok.
More Comments
557 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject