Might Get A Dog In The Truck.

Might Get A Dog In The Truck.

I’m seriously considering getting a dog. I love dogs and would love to have one ride with me. What should I take into consideration when looking for one? A shedding dog would be a problem, so I’d want a short hair breed. Thinking of getting a rescue dog that is already house trained, but not too old. Maybe 40,50 pounds give or take. Any suggestions on what to look for and where to look for one?

Comments
Ayden
Ayden
Check out them trucker groups on social media, folks are always sharin’ tips on where to find the best road companions.
Duke
Duke
Get yourself a rescue, partner. They got plenty of love to give and are usually grateful for a second chance.
Tamsin
Tamsin
Look for a pup with a chill vibe, don’t need no yapper when you’re trying to focus on the big road
Moon
Moon
One of the butane drivers I’ve seen around has a small Doberman. She’s super sweet and has a ton of energy and seems to be great in the truck. We unload our trucks in a secure facility so he lets her run while inside the fence. The little dogs are great but they sure do bark a lot. The dog would have to be ok around lots of different people too if you’re frequently in the truck stops. I’d love to have a co-pilot but a dog is a little much in a day cab.
Keanu
Keanu
I'd recommend the smaller, the better. It's going to be a huge chore picking up a 40+ pound soaking wet dog after taking it for a walk in the rain, so I would go small, to be easier to get back on board. Something with short hair that doesn't shed; something that doesn't drool; something that doesn't chew up the truck.
Benito
Benito
Here's a picture of Laura's Rat Terrier at home, happily rolling on the lawn.
Mulder
Mulder
Smaller dog means less food to store. Don't lose them in 2 foot deep snow though lol Think about chewing... there is a difference between house broken and house trained. Rescue dogs also may have been abused and may need adjustment to the sounds of the truck.
More Comments
541 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject