Do I need to retest completely?

Do I need to retest completely?

So I haven't driven since 2018 but my Ohio drivers license is still commercial as I keep it updated. Do I need to retake a cdl school to drive again?

Comments
Addie
Addie
As long as your CDL’s in check, you might just need to brush up on the latest regs and you’re good
Elias
Elias
No need to redo the whole rodeo if your license is up to date, but a quick lap around the training track might do you good.
Orlando
Orlando
Keep that CDL polished and check with the local DMV. They’ll steer you right on whether you need a refresher course or not.
Iqra
Iqra
I should mention I wasn't driving for very long though. I was fresh out of the Academy and I was only there for a month
Mike
Mike
Just need a medical card and your good to go. Like I said most will want a refresher and that's usually just for insurance.
Iqra
Iqra
Retail/pharmacy work mostly. Was a manager. I had to step away from trucking due to some personal home issues but those are resolved. So I was thinking of hitting the road again. I just didn't wanna have to sign two years for a cdl again if I could avoid it
Mike
Mike
Most you do it while employed. You just need to talk to some companies. What were you doing work wise since 2018?
Iqra
Iqra
How much does that cost?
Mike
Mike
No but most big companies will want you to do some kind of refresher. Like go out with a trainer
Barney
Barney
Ah. Youll have to go out with a trainer bro. How long idk. That's up to the company
More Comments
550 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject