Swift transportation OTR driver

Swift transportation OTR driver

How long from orientation to driving? What should I bring with me for the 5 days or so a rookie wouldn't think about? Going to bring a duffle bag and a large backpack with cloths and warm clothing. What items do you bring with you when going otr?

Comments
Elias
Elias
Throw in a reliable GPS and a solid pair of gloves. You’ll be handling more than just the steering wheel out there.
Haroon
Haroon
a good flashlight, extra chargers, and a stash of non-perishable snacks
Declan
Declan
Pack your patience. Orientation to driving time can vary, but keep your logbook ready
Iqra
Iqra
At least $400 and the credit card needs to have enough on it to get you home, hotels and food included from anywhere in the US. You do not want to be stuck in random city, USA with no options. Swift has been known to strand trainees before
Eddie
Eddie
$400 cash, a cell phone with unlimited minutes, and a credit card so you can rent a car or get a plane ticket home.
Levi
Levi
Bath bag with soap, tooth brush, tooth paste. Towel, wash cloth, shower shoes. Pants, sweat shirt, underwear, socks. Gloves, hat, sunglasses. Charging block/cords. Pillow, blanket, top sheet .Basic stuff.
Sion
Sion
Awesome thanks! I have a food warmer so canned food would be really good actually.
Leroy
Leroy
After you pass the hair and piss test, you’ll most likely be hired. All the trucks have a fridge. I brought peanut butter and jelly, bread, soup in a can, granola bars, fruit. You’ll sleep on the top bunk, if you can’t sleep in the truck, reach out to the driver coordinator and they will get you a hotel room.
More Comments
622 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject