Truck fails air brake

Truck fails air brake

Truck fails air brake leak test only in secondary system. Secondsry system loses 30 psi in a 1 min period while holding the brakes. Primary system doesnt move an inch. Im a local driver and my usual truck was swapped out.

Comments
Daniels
Daniels
That ain’t normal. You might have a leaky valve
Haroon
Haroon
That’s a hefty drop in pressure, partner
Declan
Declan
I’d say check the lines and valves for any air leaks
Josef
Josef
Sounds like you got a leaky valve or hose in the secondary system. Better get it fixed before you end up with no brakes at all. Or worse, a DOT inspection.
HFUER
HFUER
locate and fix the leak, if possible.
Milo
Milo
not drive a truck with a faulty air brake system, as it could cause an accident or a violation.
Leroy
Leroy
I would report the problem to my supervisor or mechanic and ask for another truck
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
Bottom of the tank.
Hello
Hello
Somewhere on the air tanks.
Keanu
Keanu
Yep. If it's local, holding enough air for normal operation, no real chance of a road side inspection, then send it for the customer and get it repaired immediately after.
GGG
GGG
Not everyone is going to agree, but personally I would deliver the load and then get it fixed.
Mulder
Mulder
Where is that located? In the engine bay?
Epic
Epic
+ Listen to where the leak is from. Could be just the purge valve.
More Comments
Warehouse Service Commercial
585 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject