Medical History

Medical History

had bunion surgery 6 years ago while in the military. I was not going to bring it up when I go to orientation. Can these trucking companies even pull my military medical records?

Comments
Daniels
Daniels
Companies typically need your permission to dig into that history.
Fergus
Fergus
Your service and surgery are part of your journey, but they shouldn’t affect your road ahead
Ayden
Ayden
Trucking companies usually can’t access military medical records
Orlando
Orlando
Why would you hide that? It’s not like they’re gonna make you run a marathon or something.
Haroon
Haroon
Bunion surgery? That’s nothing. I had a kidney stone removed while driving through Wyoming. Didn’t even stop the truck. Just pissed it out the window.
Seamus
Seamus
if they have a legitimate reason and authorization. You may have signed a release form when you applied for the job that allows them to access your records.
Magnus
Magnus
You have the right to request and access your own records through the milConnect website or by submitting a Request Pertaining to Military Records (SF 180) form.
Josef
Josef
I don’t think trucking companies can pull your military medical records without your consent.
Randy
Randy
Thank you all very much
Grayson
Grayson
I had back surgery in 2007, I mention it every two years when I go for my DOT Physical, Then I show the Dr I can touch the floor with my palms and hold it as long as he likes with no pain. Never been an issue.. You just need to keep your Blood Pressure low and stay limber all should be good.
Levi
Levi
You will need to take a DOT medical exam, but unless there is something else in your medical history that you have not mentioned, I would not worry about it.
Pascal
Pascal
I don't know if they can access your medical records from the military or not. There is really no reason any company should need to access them.
Barney
Barney
+ surgery, especially that long ago, should not be a problem with driving a truck.
Aidan
Aidan
They cannot access anything you do not sign and give them permission to.
More Comments
NewJob4You Ads Commercial
744 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject