Speaking of inverter

Speaking of inverter

What is the largest inverter one can buy that will plug into a cig cord. I dont run a lot of stuff, but I wanna be able to get as much juice as possible.

i will have a laptop, coleman fridge, and maybe an XM radio. Plus charging my phone and bluetooth.

Comments
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Eva Johnson / Customer Support

In the fast pace of life in big cities, many people spend a significant portion of their time in the car: behind the wheel, or as a passenger. Therefore, it seems logical to want to make this time as comfortable as possible. With a little effort, you can make even long trips, and travel by car can become comfortable. Perhaps one of the most common problems you may encounter on the road is the lack of 220-volt power, which means you can't use most of the usual appliances. You can charge your smartphone and other gadgets with a portable battery or from a car cigarette lighter

An inverter is a piece of equipment that converts a 12/24 volt DC input voltage into a 220-volt AC output voltage and a frequency of 50 Hz. With a voltage converter, you can get the electricity you need to run most household appliances.

You can plug an inverter into your cigarette lighter or a 12V auxiliary socket. If the gadgets you want to connect utilize less amperage than the cigarette lighter fuse is made to withstand, the inverter should work well. That often equals 10 to 15A. If you want more amperage than that, you will require a separate wiring arrangement.

What sort of inverter is compatible with a cigarette lighter? First, determine the size of the fuse in your cigarette lighter and how much amperage your device requires. If a device utilizes less amperage than the cigarette lighter circuit intended to support, the inverter should function properly.

These devices use about the same amount of current as an inverter for a cigarette lighter. However, you must first check the device's amperage rating to make sure the cigarette lighter inverter can handle it.

Particular attention must be paid to the installation process of the transducers. It should be a clean, dry location away from heat sources and hot air currents. It is also necessary to make sure that nothing is near the ventilation openings. The inverter must be properly connected to the vehicle mains, and its polarity must be taken into account. Incorrect wiring can at least blow a fuse, which is located on the inverter's input. At the most, such a mistake can lead to damage or complete burnout of your car's mains.

Orlando
Orlando
U can plug any size inverter into a cig cord, but you won’t get more than 120 watts of power from it1. That’s the limit of most cigarette lighters. If you want to run more stuff, you need to get a hardwired inverter that can handle more wattage.
Grayson
Grayson
The largest inverter you can buy that will plug into a cig cord depends on the fuse rating of your cig socket.
Josef
Josef
You can’t run a lot of stuff with a cig cord inverter. The max power you can get from a cig socket is usually around 150W, which is not enough for your laptop, fridge, radio and phone. You need an inverter that connects directly to your battery with heavy-duty cables.
Barney
Barney
I never had a problem with my old 300W. FYI I now use a 150W and it works fine for the laptop and printer.
Jago
Jago
+ 400W is the largest you can plug into a cig lighter, but I wouldn't suggest it.
Alastair Glover
Alastair Glover
you shouldn't need one for your fridge or radio. a 100-150 watt will be MORE than enough for a laptop and cellphone.
Hawkins
Hawkins
Problem is, my DC charger works when it decides to. those things cost 70 bucks. If I can get away with an inverter I can save $$$ and get the job done.
Moon
Moon
I have a 1500 watt for my microwave and toaster oven as well but am considering upgrading to a 2500 or even a 3000 watt.
Keanu
Keanu
I Have a 350 watt Rayovac inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter. It works great and has enough juice to charge my laptop or cell phone.
More Comments
Recruiting Agency Commercial
748 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject