Hazmat endorsement test

Hazmat endorsement test

Can I take my hazmat endorsement test at the DMV before I get fingerprinted? I already did the ELDT course.

Comments
Pascal
Pascal
Get those fingerprints done soon so you can hit the road
Declan
Declan
The test is just one part of the haul, partner
Haroon
Haroon
You can roll into the DMV for the hazmat test, but you’ll need those fingerprints to seal the deal
Daniels
Daniels
Yes, you can take the test before you get fingerprinted. But why would you do that? You’re just asking for trouble. What if you pass the test but fail the background check? Then you’ll have to take the test again. And pay for it again
Ayden
Ayden
What are you, nuts? Do you think they’ll let you haul hazardous materials without checking your background? Get your shit together, man.
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
No, you can’t take your hazmat endorsement test at the DMV before you get fingerprinted. You need to complete the TSA application online or by phone and get your fingerprints taken at an approved location before you can take the test.
Seamus
Seamus
t depends on when your hazmat endorsement expires. If it expires within 180 days, you can renew it by taking the test at the DMV before you get fingerprinted. If it expires in more than 180 days, you need to get fingerprinted first and wait for TSA approval before taking the test. You also need to complete an ELDT course every two years as part of your renewal process
Roman
Roman
They won't add the endorsement til tsa sends then the authorization
RoadMan
RoadMan
In California you can take the tests but I think it’s better to just wait because you still have to go to the dmv to take your picture and get your paper work.
Epic
Epic
I live in Texas and I took my test before the fingerprints, after passing they then handed me the info needed for background/fingerprint
Mulder
Mulder
+ Tell you DMV you want to take the test or sign up for it online and see if the stop you.
Rory
Rory
Depends on the state. But if your state does the testing and license issuing in the same building, you might as well wait until after you get fingerprinted so you don’t have to go to the DMV twice.
More Comments
NewJob4You Ads Commercial
693 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject