Frame rust...

Frame rust...

Im not sure if there is a better forum to post this..but I'm seeking some advice, regarding my trucks condition. My Pete's has a double frame, and in most area's, there is chunky, flaky rust forming (formed) in between the two frame rails.....top and bottom. Motor area is ok, but under the bunk, fifth wheel area back, rust chunks. Would this effect the frames integrity? And do I have to worry about this getting so bad that the frame becomes doombed? Rust is just beetween the two frames..there is a small gap beetween, whitch is normal.
I Thought maybe someone has, or has had a simular experiance.

Comments
Daniels
Daniels
Chunky rust is a sign to slow down and take care
Elias
Elias
Best get that checked out by a pro before it turns into a bigger headach
Orlando
Orlando
Rust in the frame’s no joke
Declan
Declan
Looks like you got a case of the double trouble. Maybe you should trade in your Pete for a single frame truck. Or better yet, a bicycle.
Josef
Josef
Hey buddy, I had the same problem with my old KW. The rust can weaken the frame over time and cause cracks or breaks. You need to get that cleaned up and treated as soon as possible. I used a wire brush and some rust converter spray to get rid of the flakes and then applied some anti-rust paint. It’s a lot of work but it’s worth it to save your rig.
Milo
Milo
Apparently the rust is normal. All trucks have it, all double frames have it , or get it, the flaky rust chunks in beetween the two frames. Im told there's no way around it...
Grayson
Grayson
One option could be to take a wire wheel on a grinder to it, and then visit a Line-X dealer to coat it. The material used for spray-on bed liners in pick-up trucks makes a fine undercoating, and is often used when old car guys put new floor or truck pans in their cars.
Justin
Justin
how big is the the gap - you could try infusing some POR15 in there to retard the rust then maybe seal it up with silicone or something
Milo
Milo
Hmmm. I think the frame rails are still thick, havent coroded much, It's just clumps of rust in between the two frames. Looking at it, it's not bad, and hard to beleive any other double framed truck of the age would not have the same rust. Anything that can be done? New frame rails sounds like a huge($$$$) job.
Benito
Benito
RUST is nothing more than signs that the metal is oxidizing, slowly, but oxidizing none-the-less. Fire is 'rapid' oxidization. SO if you got a FASTER truck, the frame wouldn't rust, but it would burn. I pass trucks rusting away all day long.
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
+ Yup, eventually it will crack or break. You can go to a metal shop and have them measure actual thickness and strength with their meters. Its probably time for new frame rails.
More Comments
Orpik Inc Truck Driver Leads generation Commercial
566 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject