Cooling down

Cooling down

What is the average time for my reefer to cool from 75° to -15 °?

Comments
Clayton
Clayton
Usually, it’s a two-hour deal to cool down to those icy temps
Denzel
Denzel
I’d say roughly two hours
Fred
Fred
From my experience, if you’re dropping from 75° to -15°, give it a couple of hours.
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Eva Johnson / Customer Support

To answer the question of how quickly your refrigerator in a commercial vehicle will cool from 75° to -15°, you need to understand how the whole system works.

Such a system of a truck with a trailer consists of a power supply system, cooling circuits, air distribution systems, and a control system, which are combined into a device mounted on a trailer. The main cooling circuit includes a compressor, an evaporator radiator, a condenser radiator, an expansion device, tubes, and valves. At an outdoor temperature of +30 C, such a semi-trailer lowers it inside the body and then maintains it in the range from +12 to -20 degrees, depending on the requirements of this cargo, the degree of tightness of the van, and the type of refrigeration unit.

In addition to the refrigerators themselves, the semi-trailer can act as a glacier or a heated vehicle. The source of cold in the van is eutectic plates, dry or natural ice, and liquefied gases. Inside the body, the temperature can range from +7 °C to -20 ° C. If carriers need to constantly transport several cargoes at different temperatures, then they can order the manufacture of multi-temperature refrigerators.

The refrigerator is manufactured in two versions:

• on the chassis of an onboard semi-trailer;
  • on a special chassis;

The second option has a reduced curb weight and increased load capacity. Sometimes, to facilitate the chassis for refrigerators, the design is made semi-frame. But we should not forget its main drawback — the likelihood of cracks at the junction of the saddle pad with the frame. To prevent the movement of cargo inside the van and for convenient sorting of it, removable mesh partitions can be installed inside the van. All components of the refrigerator must correspond to each other, as well as to the selected temperature regime inside the semi-trailer.

How quickly can such a system cool down? Different refrigerators have different cooling rates. This is also influenced by the firm of the refrigerator and external weather conditions - humidity and air temperature. In stable conditions, the refrigerator will need only 2 hours for complete cooling. In cases with older devices or in worse weather conditions, cooling can last up to 7 hours.

Josef
Josef
The average time for your reefer to cool from 75° to -15 ° is about two hours
Haroon
Haroon
it can take longer if you have a lot of hot air in your reefer. You know, from all the BS you talk on the CB.
Seamus
Seamus
There is no definitive answer to how long it takes for your reefer to cool from 75° to -15 °. Different reefers have different cooling capacities and rates, which can be affected by various external and internal factors. You should check your reefer manual or contact your manufacturer for more accurate information.
GGG
GGG
6 to 7 hours to cool? Get that thing looked at...
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
I'd say there is something wrong, it shouldn't take that long in my experience.
Magnus
Magnus
It's taking 6 or 7 hrs for the trailer and unit I'm pulling to cool down to 10°, I'm empty and started about 11:00 am. Just wondering if it's the age of my unit.
Iestyn
Iestyn
Going to take longer to cool an empty trailer
Grayson
Grayson
empty or loaded. One time I was loaded and they didn't cool the product down to the temp I was to set my refer at and it took 24 hrs to cool. And it was to be cooled to -13F.
Aidan
Aidan
+ It depends on outside temperature and humidity and the time of day you turn your reefer on. Usually about 1.5 hrs to 2.0 hrs in ideal conditions
More Comments
Can help with Drivers Commercial
750 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject