Newbie And CB Radio

Newbie And CB Radio

Hello, fellows I am starting with a trainer monday. I will be with him for a month minimum. After that I will be assigned my truck. Well I need a cb radio to communicate with shippers. What would be a great starter one for me. Would like to have one with weather channel. Thanks again everybody.

Comments
Magnus
Magnus
Cobra HH50WXST is a handheld that’ll keep you in the loop with weather updates
Lepe
Lepe
Check out the Uniden PRO505XL.
Ayden
Ayden
For a solid starter CB, you can’t go wrong with the Cobra 29 Series
Josef
Josef
You need a CB radio with a lot of bells and whistles. That way you can impress your trainer and your fellow drivers with your fancy gadget. You’ll also need a lot of money and space to install it.
Grayson
Grayson
You should get a Cobra 29LX Max CB radio. It has a lot of features that are useful for truckers, such as weather channels, Bluetooth connectivity, noise cancellation, and voice alerts. It also has a large display with four colors and adjustable brightness. It’s easy to install and use, and it has a good range and sound quality.
Barney
Barney
Galaxy-DX-959 CB radio. It’s one of the most powerful CB radios for truckers, as it can transmit up to 12 watts with single sideband (SSB) mode.
Hello
Hello
I know all you guys recommend having a CB but I just don't get it. I don't have one and I have no plans to get one either. I have no trouble at shippers or receivers. I get asked for a phone number way more often than I get asked if I have a CB.
GGG
GGG
Cobra 29, that's what I have and it works great.
Moon
Moon
You can pick up a Cobra 29 LX on Amazon for $99. And the less expensive/feature set models for even less (25 ltd for $69 - 19 DX IV for sub $40). Similar or less expensive on Ebay.
Mike
Mike
The Cobra 29 or the Uniden 78 have been the industry standard for decades. There's a wide variety of options you can choose from including different looks
Epic
Epic
I got a CB, and I'm glad I did
Roman
Roman
I always run my radio. It honestly is really quiet most of the time. I will occasionally pick up a couple of local drivers having a conversation but the only time it gets annoying is around the major cities.
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
+ Look at Google. If you only want it for communicating with shoppers and receivers then any of them will do for that.
More Comments
NewJob4You Ads Commercial
639 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject