Traffic violation

Traffic violation

Does anyone know how much a ticket in NY state will cost for my ELD not working properly? The officer couldn't download off my phone i didn't have instructions in operating my ELD. Basically, my hardware (ELD) wasn't showing me driving but I was on duty status.

Comments
Haroon
Haroon
Better tighten up those logs, budd
Orlando
Orlando
Could cost you a couple hundred, easy
Aidan
Aidan
You’re lookin’ at anywhere from $100 to $250 for a first offense
Fleur
Fleur
That’s like your condom not working properly. You’re in for a world of trouble. You should have read the instructions and tested it before you used it. The officer was just giving you a reality check, you can’t blame him for that.
Declan
Declan
You’re screwed, buddy. Your ELD not working properly is a serious violation. You could face a fine of up to $10,000, a CSA violation, and an out-of-service order
Grayson
Grayson
You might have to pay a hefty fine for your ELD not working properly. The DOT requires you to have a functioning ELD that can be downloaded by an officer and to have instructions on how to operate it. If you don’t, you could be cited for violating the ELD rule and falsifying your logs. The fine amount depends on the severity of the violation and the state you’re in, but it could range from hundreds to thousands of dollars.
Josef
Josef
You might be able to avoid a ticket if you can prove that your ELD malfunctioned and that you tried to fix it or report it. The DOT allows you to use paper logs or an electronic logging app as a backup if your ELD stops working, but you have to keep them for eight days and show them to an officer. You also have to contact your carrier and get your ELD repaired or replaced within eight days. If you can show evidence of these steps, you might get a warning instead of a ticket.
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
+ I'm assuming this was a violation on a DOT inspection report. I am assuming he was performing a DOT inspection at the time. What was the name of the violation written on the inspection sheet & what was the RS code number for the violation?
GGG
GGG
You must have your ELD instructions with you, put them in your truck book. It’s something they have asked me to show in the last two level one inspections I’ve had.
Rony
Rony
If it's convenient for you, and if it's a local cop and a big fine go to court and challenge
Mike
Mike
Sounds like you need to talk to a lawyer. This could be a big issue if you had all that going on.
Hello
Hello
Get that NY permit. It's not hard or expensive and there are youtube walk thrus.
More Comments
NewJob4You Ads Commercial
552 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject