Buying Flatbed Tarps

Buying Flatbed Tarps

How do I know what tarps to get? My customer told me 8ft tarps but no dimensions otherwise.

what’s the cheapest tarp seller?

Comments
Jago
Jago
You might wanna check out Amazon
Hawkins
Hawkins
Carolina Tarps has got some good prices
Duncan
Duncan
That’s like asking for a burger and not saying how you want it cooked!
Orlando
Orlando
8ft tarps? That’s not enough information, buddy. You need to know how long and wide your load is, and how high it is off the deck.
Ayden
Ayden
Sounds like your customer doesn’t know what they’re doing. You need to ask them for the dimensions of the load, not just the tarp size.
Pascal
Pascal
I always use an 8 foot drop tarp because it covers most of the loads I haul. It’s better to have some extra tarp than not enough. You can always fold or roll up the excess material and secure it with straps or bungees.
Denzel
Denzel
It depends on what kind of cargo you are hauling. If you are hauling lumber or other materials that need to be protected from the weather, you need a lumber tarp with flaps at the end. If you are hauling steel or other metals that need to be protected from scratches and rust, you need a steel tarp without flaps. If you are hauling something round like coils or pipes, you need a coil tarp that fits snugly around them.
Josef
Josef
You need to measure the length and width of your load and then choose a tarp that covers it completely. For example, if your load is 40 feet long and 8 feet wide, you need a tarp that is at least 41 feet long and 9 feet wide.
Hello
Hello
Hopefully this customer will be paying you very well for throwing an 8 foot tarp. Don’t do it for free.
GGG
GGG
I’ve found 2-3 16’ by 30’ and a 20’ by 30’ to be handy, along with 2-4 of a 10’ by 12’.
Moon
Moon
For years, lots of years, all I carried was a custom set of lumber tarps. 8’6” drop by 28’ D ring rows at 18” all the way around.
Mike
Mike
What type of loads will you be tarping and how often?
Magnus
Magnus
+ 8ft tarps meaning 8 ft drop tarp. Dont actually go buy an 8 ft tarp...
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
I'd suggest getting 3 pieces instead of 2. Easier to handle, more versatile and lighter to carry.
More Comments
Facebook Ads Commercial
697 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject