Freightliner radio issues

Freightliner radio issues

Is it a common problem that the front driver speaker in a freightliner does not work while the other speakers do? I have experienced this issue in every freightliner I have driven.

Comments
Tamsin
Tamsin
It’s almost a tradition at this point 🤣
Sion
Sion
Might be a wiring issue or just the speaker’s time to retire
Aidan
Aidan
Seems like a common tune they all play sooner or later.
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Eva Johnson / Customer Support

You will understand the significance of the instrument cluster if you frequently travel. If you have a Freightliner radio issue, driving is unsafe. It is crucial that you immediately take a look at rectifying this.

A blown fuse should always be the first thing you check for when electrical devices like these stop working. This is particularly true if nothing on the instrument panel is functional. A blown fuse stops all electricity from going where it should.

Even though it seems superfluous and bothersome, this actively guards your equipment against suffering any serious harm should things go wrong. Additionally, replacement fuses are really affordable. Check the fuse box attached to the instrument cluster by going there. This is one of those situations when you should grab your multimeter tool if you have one. Quite a few affordable gadgets are available that work just as well and are simple to use for the same purpose.

To determine if the fuse is intact with this, check both sides of the fuse. You must do this while the electricity is on.

Examine the paperwork that is included with the truck. The ability to remove the radio from the dash often comes with a set of tools. Most likely a fuse on the radio's rear, or you may remove the harness. If not, get a radio puller from Wallyworld.

Denzel
Denzel
This is a common problem with freightliner radios, and I think it has something to do with the Qualcomm system interfering with the speaker signal. I solved it by pressing the home button on the Qualcomm unit and waiting for it to say “Home…Messaging”. Then I pressed the navigation button to go back to the GPS screen. This somehow reset the speaker and made it work again
Artur Ishch
Artur Ishch
Yup. It occasionally comes to life for a few minutes every now and then.
Mike
Mike
I have never had that problem with my freightliner. Maybe you have the audio attenuation (ATT) feature turned on for that speaker. You should check your stereo settings and make sure it is turned off.
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
+ I have had the same problem with my freightliner. I think it’s a wiring issue or a blown speaker. I replaced the speaker with a JL Audio C1-525 and it works great now.
Moon
Moon
Haven’t noticed that specific issue, but my radio will sometimes randomly turn off then back on while driving.
Epic
Epic
To get it back i gotta fuck with the QC make it make a noise and change the volume while it does that, almost always fixes it.
More Comments
Facebook Ads Commercial
662 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject