Bluetooth Stereo problem in the Cascadia

Bluetooth Stereo problem in the Cascadia

I have a 5-month-old Cascadia and I use my Pixel 3A to stream music and make calls through the stereo. It works fine most of the time, but sometimes it freezes and crashes the radio. The music keeps playing, but the radio controls and display stop working. The Power button also stops working, so I have to turn off the master battery switch to reset it. I searched for a firmware update or a similar issue online, but I found nothing. Does anyone here know how to fix this?

Comments
Johnathan
Johnathan
Might be worth checking with the dealership
Daniels
Daniels
Have you tried unpairing and repairing your phone?
Gordon
Gordon
Sounds like your stereo’s got a mind of its own
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Eva Johnson / Customer Support

I'll bet it's not your Android smartphone. My 2019 Cascadia's stock radio may operate for an hour or even a few days, but it constantly locks up, as you described, and the only way to get it to reset and function correctly is to press the battery kill switch. When I brought up the fact that it had been in the shop for unrelated problems, I was informed that it was a factory-caused wiring problem that had supposedly been resolved, but when I talked to other drivers who have the same vehicle and radio at the same terminal, mine still locks up.

Now that my Android phone is connected to the front aux port, I can modify the volume when the steering-wheel volume controls lock up until I get a chance to stop and reset using the battery switch, which is generally when I'm buying gas or taking a break. It is a PITA. Therefore I would appreciate it for someone to chime in with another approach.

Grayson
Grayson
I think it’s a glitch in the Bluetooth connection. I solved it by resetting the radio and pairing my phone again.
Eddie
Eddie
Problem is it’s an Android.
Barney
Barney
2016 Cascadia and 2020 Cascadia always gave me problems with Bluetooth.
Magnus
Magnus
I don’t use Bluetooth for my Cascadia stereo. I use a 3.5mm cable to connect my phone to the stereo. It’s much easier and more reliable than Bluetooth.
Fred
Fred
+ I had a similar problem with my Cascadia stereo. I fixed it by enabling and disabling the Bluetooth pairing mode. You can do that by holding the phone button on the stereo for a few seconds until you hear a beep. Then you can pair your phone again and see if it works.
Addie
Addie
I have a 2016 Cascadia and I use Bluetooth to stream music and make calls too. I never had any issues with it. You should check if your **phone software** and your **stereo firmware** are up to date. Maybe there is a compatibility issue between them
More Comments
NewJob4You Ads Commercial
520 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject