Reefer problem

Reefer problem

I’m facing a strange issue. The ambient temperature is 29 degrees. I set my reefer to 35 degrees. But the reefer shows that the box temperature is 19 degrees and it keeps running. It’s on heat mode but it doesn’t seem to warm up the box.

I tried to turn it off and on again. I left it off for about 10 minutes. When it came back on, it showed 22 degrees in the box but then dropped to 19 again.

I checked the doors and the box feels much warmer than 19 degrees.

Any suggestions??

Comments
Josef
Josef
That’s a head-scratcher, partner. Might wanna give the reefer’s manual a once-over, see if there’s a recalibration trick.
Leon
Leon
If the box feels warmer, trust your gut and double-check those readings
Orlando
Orlando
I’d check the sensors first
Rony
Rony
Your reefer unit might have a fluid leak, like in the equalizer tube, the cooling hoses or the belts. This can affect the refrigerant flow and the cooling capacity. You should check for any signs of leaks and get them fixed as soon as possible.
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
That sounds like a pain in the ass.
Mark
Mark
It sounds like your reefer’s temperature sensor is faulty or out of calibration. It might be reading the wrong temperature and causing the reefer to run unnecessarily. You should check the sensor and see if it’s dirty, loose, or damaged. If you can’t fix it yourself, you should take it to a shop and have it replaced or adjusted.
Barney
Barney
I think some ice buildup in the box that is preventing the heat from circulating properly. You should check the evaporator and the drain for any ice or frost and clear it if necessary.
Grayson
Grayson
You can try to recalibrate the thermostat or use an external thermometer to verify the box temperature.
Addie
Addie
Nothing scary, but you have to get that trailer to someone with the tools big enough to start fixing it.
Krueger
Krueger
If you can’t find or fix the problem yourself, you should contact your company or a mechanic as soon as possible.
Aidan
Aidan
You may have a faulty sensor or thermostat that is giving you wrong readings. You should check the sensors and make sure they are clean and not damaged.
Fred
Fred
+ Temp sensor probably screwed up.
Denzel
Denzel
if you can feel that thing is clearly warmer than 35 you have a real issue here.
Levi
Levi
You should also check the loading and make sure there is enough airflow and space between the pallets and the walls.
More Comments
Facebook Ads Commercial
706 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject