OTR drivers and Doctor appointments

OTR drivers and Doctor appointments

What if your doctor/physical therapy etc appointments don't fall within the 4 days that you are home? Also do we get any sick pay?

Thanks

Comments
Declan
Declan
don’t let it slide—health’s as important as keeping the wheels turning
Aidan
Aidan
Best to check your outfit’s policy and keep those fingers crossed
Mari
Mari
Maybe try talkin’ to your dispatcher
Eddie
Eddie
It’s tough to get those appointments when you’re on the road. I usually try to schedule them in advance and let my dispatcher know. Sometimes they can work around it, sometimes not. No sick pay for me, just gotta suck it up and drive on
Barney
Barney
You gotta be flexible, man. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a place that’s open on weekends or evenings. Sometimes you have to reschedule or cancel.
Elias
Elias
I usually ask my doctor or therapist if they can accommodate my schedule and see me when I’m home. If not, I look for another provider who can. It’s not easy, but it’s part of the job. For sick pay, I don’t get any from my company. I have to use my vacation days or take unpaid leave if I get sick.
Xander
Xander
Schedule your appointment for your last day of hometime so if they get you home a few days late you can still make it, hopefully.
Strickland
Strickland
Tell your dispatcher you need to be home on day x for your appointment.
Moon
Moon
+ That’s a tough situation. You might have to reschedule your appointments or take some time off from work.
Leroy
Leroy
That’s a challenge for sure. You should communicate with your company and see if they can work with you on your appointments. They might be able to give you some leeway or assign you shorter trips. Sick pay is rare in this business, sadly.
Hello
Hello
You should talk to your dispatcher and see if they can accommodate your needs. As for sick pay, it depends on your company and your contract. Some companies offer paid sick leave, others don’t.
Epic
Epic
I feel you. It’s hard to balance your health and your work as an OTR driver. You should try to schedule your appointments ahead of time and let your company know about them. They might be able to adjust your routes or give you some flexibility.
Roman
Roman
Sick pay is not very common in this industry, unfortunately.
More Comments
NewJob4You Ads Commercial
572 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject