I go over 14 hours

I go over 14 hours

I was almost done with my shift at a dock. When they were done, I had 8 minutes left and turned on PC to find a place to park.

I was almost done with my shift at a dock. When they were done, I had 8 minutes left and turned on PC to find a place to park. The first spot was full, so I decided to fill up. Then, because the truck was off and on, the logs switched the status to Driving without me noticing. When I got to a safe place 15 minutes later, I saw what had happened.

My company won’t edit the log and I can’t do it myself. So my question is, what will happen if I get stopped for a random inspection in the next few weeks? A fine, points on my license? Should I stop driving until my company agrees to fix the time? Any suggestions would be very helpful!

Read more...

Comments
Lepe
Lepe
Don’t let it idle too long, buddy.
Fred
Fred
I’ve heard of fellas getting in a jam like yours. Best bet is to document everything
Tamsin
Tamsin
I’d say keep a detailed account of what went down, just in case.
Moon
Moon
Don’t worry about it, bro. It’s not a big deal. You only went over 14 hours by 15 minutes. That’s nothing. Most inspectors won’t even notice it. And if they do, just explain what happened.
Hello
Hello
That sucks, man. I hate when that happens. You should try to get your company to fix the log. They’re supposed to do that if it’s a mistake. If they don’t, you might get in trouble if you get inspected. You could get a violation, a fine, or even an out-of-service order. It’s not worth the risk. Just keep bugging them until they fix it.
Mulder
Mulder
Drive time cannot legally be edited
Milo
Milo
report the incident to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and request a review of your log. They may be able to waive or reduce the penalty if you can show that you acted reasonably and in good faith.
Leroy
Leroy
Your company cannot edit drive time.. It is un editable by anybody
Josef
Josef
+ you may want to consult a lawyer or a truck driver association for legal advice.
Daniels
Daniels
You should contact your company and explain the situation clearly. They may be able to edit the log or provide some documentation to prove that you were not driving during those 15 minutes.
Josie
Josie
You should not stop driving until your company agrees to fix the time. That could affect your income and reputation. Instead, you should keep a record of what happened and try to avoid any further violations. You may also want to invest in an electronic logging device (ELD) that can automatically track your hours of service and alert you of any issues.
More Comments
The Best Freight Broker Commercial
586 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject