Reefer+Hazmat

Reefer+Hazmat

I’m curious about reefer-haz freight. What kind of commodity is it? No need to name customers. Is it better than dry-haz? I have a tanker endorsement too.

Comments
Denzel
Denzel
Think medical supplies that need refrigeration or chemicals that can’t get too hot
Daniels
Daniels
It’s like hauling snowflakes that could start a fire
Haroon
Haroon
Reefer-haz is a whole different animal, you’re talking about stuff that needs to stay cool and is also a bit risky.
Max
Max
I used to haul reefer-haz for a while. It was mostly food products that had some hazmat ingredients like alcohol, flavorings, additives, etc. It was not bad but it was also not great. You have to watch out for the reefer unit malfunctioning, the seals breaking, the load shifting, etc. And you have to follow all the hazmat rules and placards and inspections and whatnot. I switched to dry-haz and I’m happier now. Less stress and more money.
Xander
Xander
Yes the good part about running a reefer is you have many more options to choose from
Leroy
Leroy
I hauled lots of hazmat loads in reefer trailers.
Benito
Benito
Depends on how you are being paid ? If you are on percentage hauling hazmat and it pays more, then maybe yeah
Milo
Milo
+ Reefer-haz freight is mostly food products that need to be kept cold and are also flammable or toxic. Things like aerosol whipped cream, frozen meat, or ice cream. It pays more than dry-haz, but it also has more regulations and inspections. You need a reefer unit and a hazmat placard on your trailer. Your tanker endorsement doesn’t matter much for reefer-haz.
Keanu
Keanu
Used to haul stuff from an ice cream manufacture that was haz. Had to keep it set at -10°.
Seamus
Seamus
like was said .....alot of products need protection from freezing
More Comments
Warehouse Service Commercial
620 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject