Help!! RPM problems

Strickland
Help!! RPM problems

Hey y’all, it seems like the RPMs are going up and down for no reason, and sometimes it feels like the engine is choking or sputtering. I read this article here about some possible causes of RPM fluctuations, and I wonder if any of you have experienced the same thing or have any advice.

https://newjobs4you.com/blogs/road-safety/trucks-rpm-problems/

Comments
Haroon
Haroon
What article says sounds like a lot of things to check and fix
Milo
Milo
How’s your transmission? Sometimes a slipping or failing transmission can cause trouble. Article is quite accurate though
Declan
Declan
It could be a number of things
Strickland
Strickland
No, I haven't
Orlando
Orlando
Have you scanned your truck for any trouble codes? That might give you a clue as to what’s wrong.
Tamsin
Tamsin
I had the same problem with my rig a few months ago. Turned out it was a bad throttle position sensor. Replaced it and the RPMs were smooth as butter.
Ayden
Ayden
Try spraying some carb cleaner around the intake manifold and hoses and see if the RPMs change. If they do, you found your leak.
More Comments
Dispatch Service Commercial
6,213 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject