What's your life after trucking?

Benito
What's your life after trucking?

Going on 10 years of Trucking.. Plan on going into hvac/heating, Just to stay busy.. What are ya people planning on doing after ya hang it up ???

Comments
Tamsin
Tamsin
I reckon I’ll start a food truck.
Duke
Duke
Hang up my keys? Buddy, I’m plannin’ to trade in my 18-wheeler for a fishing pole.
Ayden
Ayden
After I park the rig for good, I’m thinkin’ of becoming a mattress tester. Professional napper sounds right up my alley after all these years on the road!
Roman
Roman
There’s a life after trucking 🤔
David
David
I did 43 years and a little over 4 million miles. Mostly flat bed,heavy haul,drop deck. I traveled all over the lower 48 raised three kids,seven grandchildren with my o’l lady at the helm of our house. When I hung it up in 2019 I had been planning on retiring and slowing down. We sold our place and moved to the top of a mountain where I hike and work out in the morning ,then work in my wood/metal shop. We fish at the lake in the summer months and play in the snow with the grandkids in the winter. Do I miss the road? I would be lying if I said no, the wife says I shift gears all night long, I admit I dream about my trucking days most nights, although I wouldn’t ever want to get back in the seat.
Moon
Moon
At 37 I hope that in my mid 50s health insurance will be affordable enough (assumption that healthcare reform takes hold) so that I don't need to do full time work year round. At that point spend a season at a mountain town operating a shuttle bus, or doing hospitality/restaurant work with the occasional trucking gig. Worst case scenario would be in the trucking grind at 55 plus hours a week until I stroke out in my 60s.
Mike
Mike
Once I hit 50 I will hang up my keys for good. I’ll probably be in either the Philippines or Thailand living near a warm beach drinking cold beer with an 8 or 9 at my side. Living the good life lol.
More Comments
724 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject