APU vs idling in very cold weather?

Rory
APU vs idling in very cold weather?

So if I'm stopping for my 10 hrs and it's 0°F, but I am using my APU which will keep my batteries charged, and I have anti-gel already added, should this be ok? Or would you keep the truck idling in this situation?

Comments
Ayden
Ayden
Don't worry, you'll be fine
Duke
Duke
I’d trust my APU to keep things cozy
Tamsin
Tamsin
I’d say let that APU do its job. Keeps the juice flowing and your toes from freez
Leroy
Leroy
Should be fine. I never had a problem with mine in that weather.
Xander
Xander
You'll be fine to shut the truck down with anti gel in the tanks. If you ever find yourself without it I'd run the truck
Moon
Moon
I personally don't shut down the trucks below 20, but my trucks are pre egr. Newer trucks handle the cold starts way better, but still, I wouldn't be comfortable with a truck shut down below 10
Mulder
Mulder
I have an APU and never idle my truck but I'm a wuss under about 10 degrees, I idle it then. Too afraid it might not start and I won't be able to escape back to the southern states as quickly as possible.
More Comments
649 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject