Facing cameras

Levi
Facing cameras

Drivers subjected to onboard facing cameras…what has your experience been? I am being offered a job with what seems to be a good company, not a mega, for an OTR position, as a driver with not a lot of experience. I swore I wouldn’t take a job that has onboard facing cameras inward on the cab, especially for OTR but I am second guessing myself for the possibility of a decent job with a company that doesn’t have a lot of bad reviews.

Comments
Josef
Josef
At first, I felt like I was on one of them reality TV shows, but then I realized, if you aren't doing nothing wrong, you shouldn't worry about.
Clayton
Clayton
Just drive like you got your grandma in the passenger seat and you’ll be good.
Tamsin
Tamsin
Well, I’ll tell ya, having’ a camera staring back at you is like having’ an extra set of eyes on the road—except these don’t blink. It’s a bit odd at first, but you get used to it.
Keanu
Keanu
As others have said, they are not bad as long as they aren’t used for micromanaging. So, you’d really have to learn how this company uses them by talking to other drivers there.
Marni
Marni
I’ve had them with many companies over many years, and it all comes down to how hard a place micromanages with them. Texting/phone use, on-road seatbelt use, and falling asleep are obvious things that I see legitimately getting chewed out for
Krueger
Krueger
I've had them for around four years now. I'm sure it varies from company to company but at my place it's not a big deal. Keep your phone out of your hand you're good.
Seamus
Seamus
I’ve had one for about 2 years. I was apprehensive at first. But it doesn’t bother me at all now. I’ve had probably 30 harsh brakes in that time because of idiots and traffic lights.
Benito
Benito
Doesn’t bother me. It’s their equipment they can put in it what they want
More Comments
630 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject