Mileage Pay Vs Percentage Pay

Perry
Mileage Pay Vs Percentage Pay

I am sure this topic has been discussed before and perhaps beaten to death but which pay is better in your opinion? Percentage pay of load or cents per mile? I see the pros of both but also the cons of both? And if you don’t mind sharing give me some examples of your experience.

Comments
Ayden
Ayden
With mileage pay, you know what you’re getting every mile, regardless of the cargo value.
Declan
Declan
Mileage pay keeps the wallet padded steady, but percentage pay can sometimes give you jackpot
Duke
Duke
Mileage pay offers consistent earnings, which is great for budgeting and stability.
Benito
Benito
I’ve done both, but I prefer the CPM route. If freight rates drop (and they always do), so does your pay if you are on the percentage plan. Also, being cynical, I never trust that I know for a fact how much the freight paid, thus how do I know I’m actually being paid honestly? Unless you are actually talking to the shipper , you cannot know 100% what the factual dollar amount was. CPM is more within my control, which goes back to the factual advice given on here for years: this is a performance-based profession. Run hard to get more miles which will equal more money. The only thing I wish sometimes is that we got paid by the pound.
Leroy
Leroy
Percentage pay is designed to protect the company from the volatile swings in the freight markets. When the market is good like it has been last year, the drivers can reap some of the benefits.
Milo
Milo
Old School, I guess that’s why so many companies seem to push leasing. They only pay a percentage, plus no upkeep on the equipment. Big savings.
Hello
Hello
I just did some math on my last seven settlements. I work for percentage. percentage pay but it has always worked out for me. I may be the exception but I’ve always done well on percentage.
More Comments
689 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject