is there a reason more truckers dont get into fuel hauling?

Thomas D.
is there a reason more truckers dont get into fuel hauling?

From my research its above average pay and mostly home daily Ive never done it, is there a catch or something im missing? Thanks for any input!

Comments
Magnus
Magnus
The pay’s decent, but the stress
Denzel
Denzel
You’re home daily, sure, but remember, you’re also hauling something that can go boom
Haroon
Haroon
Fuel hauling’s good money, but it’s a whole different ball game with the HAZMAT regulations
Mike
Mike
I've seen some of the stations that tankers have to deliver to in the Northeast... No thanks
Keanu
Keanu
If everyone hauled fuel, nothing else would get delivered. Also, if everyone hauled fuel, we would only get like maybe one load a week.
Moon
Moon
Tanker in my state pays absolute ass, which makes no sense as some of these companies pay over six figures in lower cost of living states
Hello
Hello
I’m a crude oil hauler, 10 years now. I’ve never once hauled OTR and never will. I work 55 hours a week, 120k a year (more if I wanna work more), Fridays and Saturdays off, and sleep on my expensive foam mattress in my home every night.
Xander
Xander
For me it is honestly just the additional risk/responsibility.
Milo
Milo
Hauled 13400 gallon big tubes in MI. Rain, snow, ice, fog and any other and weather we were out running. In one year 3 guys were killed, two burned and one crushed. It was a great job but man just zero margin for error
More Comments
740 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject