Kenworth electrical problems

Alastair Glover
Kenworth electrical problems

2000 Kenworth W900L has intermitten electrical power loss. Stereo loses power completely, blinks back on, resets itself. Lights sometime flicker and jake brake has lost power and flutters from medium to high but on single stage setting seems to operate correctly.

Comments
Elias
Elias
Corrosion can cause some funky issues
Orlando
Orlando
Hey buddy, that’s a classic sign of a bad alternator.
Tamsin
Tamsin
Check your ground connections, could be you’re not getting a good bite
Keanu
Keanu
I had a similar problem with my Kenworth. It was because of a loose ground wire that was causing intermittent power loss. I had to tighten it and clean the terminals. You should check your ground wires for any looseness or corrosion
Strickland
Strickland
My Kenworth had some electrical issues too. It was because of a faulty ignition switch that was cutting off power randomly. I had to replace it with a new one.
Krueger
Krueger
new batty cables seemed to fix the problem
Levi
Levi
Also check the connections on the outside of the fuse panel they are prone to corrosion
Lepe
Lepe
+ Change all battery cables
Iqra
Iqra
Sounds like a ground problem. Also, some of the connections behind the dash panels have bullet-style connectors. Some have short extensions with up to 3 plugs. Could be loose.
Eddie
Eddie
+ Check to see if the problem s are on the same circuit or are powered by the same relay, when trouble shooting KW remember that most stuff is ground switched, not hotside switched just to make things fun.
More Comments
Orpik Inc Truck Driver Leads generation Commercial
759 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject