truck wont start

Marni
truck wont start

Hey guys, I'm having some problems with my Volvo(isx engine).The issue is that it wouldn't start at all Everything ran fine,no problems at all when i last used it.Knowing my batteries were weak,i went out and replaced them.When i tried to start it, it wouldn't even crank the engine.I would only get the starter missing out sound.I did spray starting fluid on the air filter and nothing.Also had the a message "check data link"on it,after a while trying to start it.Anyone has any ideas of what could be it?A mechanic that will take a look at it said it could be a relay.I don't have a clue,but i would like you guys to give me an idea.

Comments
Haroon
Haroon
Promise it a nice wash and some shiny new tires
Elias
Elias
Check data link
Magnus
Magnus
Sounds like your Volvo’s playin’ hard to get. Maybe it’s just not that into you anymore
Eddie
Eddie
You should check the switch on the transmission and adjust it or replace it if needed.
Denzel
Denzel
Your truck might have a problem with the data link terminating resistor. This is a part that helps prevent electrical interference on the data link network. If it’s faulty or missing, it can cause communication errors between the modules and prevent your truck from starting.
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
+ Volvo's have a starter relay on the firewall, under the hood, just under the brake valve/clutch reservoir. I've had those go out a couple of times.
GGG
GGG
+ Start by cleaning and checking all the connections on the battery's and make sure there on correctly! If that doesn't do it check the voltage at the battery's (should be at least 12 volts) if that's OK time to work your way forward with a test light. Just follow the starter cable to the solenoid (some trucks have 2) and check for power on the terminal that comes from the battery, it should be hot all the time if not the problem is between there and the btry. If it's hot try jumping the solenoid from the big 'hot terminal to the small term. MAKE SURE THE TRANNY IS IN NUTRAL!! if the engine bumps over the problem is more than likely in the key switch or that part of the wiring. If the starter still wont turn over check the power at the starter.
Benito
Benito
Have you tried priming it? Just a thought. Possible that fuel drained out from the injectors? How much starting fluid did you use? enough to make it run, or just enough to help it fire up?
Keanu
Keanu
Maybe someone helped themselves to spare parts without your knowledge? Check the ECM connection? Selinoid? Check the fuse box?
Alastair Glover
Alastair Glover
By 'starting missing out'.....do you mean a 'click'? Does it try to crank? Did it run after putting the batteries in and then you let it sit?
More Comments
MAKE THE DREAM OF BECOMING AN OWNER/OPERATOR A REALITY Commercial
659 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject