Truck parking problem

Mandeep
Truck parking problem

I see trucks parked in the strangest places sometimes fairly far away from interstates so it got me realizing that its probably pretty difficult for a truck driver to find a place to park. How big of an issue is finding overnight parking?

Comments
Addie
Addie
If you don’t time it right, you’re outta luck and in for a long night.
Mari
Mari
It’s a real hassle, especially when rest stops are packed tight
Denzel
Denzel
Sometimes you gotta park in the boonies just to catch some Z’s
Iestyn
Iestyn
+ All depends on the region, lane, day of week, and time of day. It varies wildly and is often hard to predict because trucking volume is cyclical by region, as well.
Alastair Glover
Alastair Glover
The lane I'm on right now (Portland to Denver) it's pretty easy to find parking until at least 8pm in most areas, unless the weather turns bad.
Marni
Marni
+ Sice most truck stops fill up between 4pm and 6pm, finding parking is a HUGE pain. Basically there are way more trucks on the road now than there were 20 years ago and truck parking hasn't changed to accommodate the new rigs.
Krueger
Krueger
Massive pain. Truck stops and rest areas fill up pretty early in the evening. Rest areas are the worst because they literally fill up. All the spots and then all the driving space so you pull in and all the illegally parked trucks make it impossible to manuever.
Barney
Barney
It depends on how close you have to be to a bathroom / fast food. I always stopped to get food and to shit before finding a place to shut down. Then I'd just find a commercial area to shut down in
Grayson
Grayson
When i was running from tx to wy I was always fortunate enough to find a rest stop, or picnic area 😏😏
More Comments
Parking spots Commercial
766 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject