Stability controls not working freightliner

Jordan
Stability controls not working freightliner

Does anyone here know why my assisted braking, stability control, and adaptive cruise stop working every time I hook up to a different trailer? I like the adaptive cruise feature but can’t use it when this happens. After I get on the road, then stop for my break, then resume driving, it seems to have worked itself out. After I drop a trailer and grab a new one, it doesn’t work again. The techs in my company shop say it happens and if they tried to run code on it it would show clean, so, effectively, they’re no help. Any advice other than get a new truck is appreciated.

Comments
Barney
Barney
Sometimes fresh eyes find what others miss.
Pascal
Pascal
Check the connections when you hook up
Levi
Levi
Sounds like a sensor issue to me.
Eddie
Eddie
You might need to recalibrate your stability control system after hooking up to a different trailer.
Alastair Glover
Alastair Glover
It could be a problem with your trailer ABS connector or wiring. Make sure they are clean and secure when you hook up to a new trailer. Also check your fuses and relays for any blown ones.
Lepe
Lepe
+ Try pulling trailer 10 to 20 feet then shut truck off . Trailer might be throwing a abs code until wheels do a few revolutions. When you restart truck it doesn’t see code and allows cruise again .
Grayson
Grayson
Most Company Techs couldn't troubleshoot a Zippo Lighter. Truck should be under Warranty. Let the Stealership figure it out.
More Comments
Warehouse Service Commercial
704 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject