Truck driver health issues

Osian
Truck driver health issues

I can imagine sitting long hours can't be good for hemorrhoids, maybe back problems? Also constant sun exposure from one side could be dangerous? Are you experiencing deterioration in health from before getting into trucking?

Comments
Daniels
Daniels
Make sure to adjust that seat right and take walks when you can
Magnus
Magnus
Back problems are no joke.
Johnathan
Johnathan
Long hours in the saddle definitely call for a good seat cushion and frequent stretch breaks
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Eva Johnson / Customer Support

Any driver who spends much time behind the wheel may have several health problems. Before they become severe, several of these health problems can be avoided. Poor eating habits and prolonged sitting are common causes of these conditions. It's crucial to pay close attention to signs when attempting to avoid health problems. Keeping informed can aid in identifying symptoms and the steps that can be taken to prevent them.

Long periods of sitting can result in obesity and metabolic issues, among other health issues. Additional factors to consider include elevated blood pressure, high blood sugar, extra body fat in the belly, and rising cholesterol levels. The chance of dying from cancer and cardiovascular disease may increase due to these health problems. Simple symptoms like headaches might be a warning sign for more serious health issues.

Obesity, Hypertension, and Stress are what I faced during trucking for long hours.

It can be challenging for truckers to care for their bodies while driving because many trucks stop and lack areas or pathways to move about or stretch their legs between journeys.

Fast food enables drivers to receive their meals quickly, allowing them to return to driving more swiftly. Few truck drivers can access healthy meal alternatives at truck stops, frequently providing fast food options and processed snacks in vending machines.

Stress

Everyone experiences stress differently, but we must all manage it in the best way for each person. There are methods to deal with stress, such as:

So what did I do?

• Exercise - While you wait for your vehicle to be loaded, walk around your truck, stretch, or engage in any other activity that keeps you moving. Healthy snacks may be difficult to obtain after you're on the road, so pack some in advance.
  • Enjoy myself - When you are at home, take the opportunity to mingle with your family and friends to prevent feeling so lonely and to keep yourself active.
  • Get assistance - It is crucial to speak with your doctor if you are experiencing stress-related symptoms, as they can assist you.

Speaking with the trucking firm might be helpful if stress is an issue due to a heavy workload, as many businesses will work with their drivers when feasible.

Addie
Addie
I have some back pain and stiffness from sitting for long hours.
Denzel
Denzel
I don’t have any major health issues from trucking. I think it depends on your lifestyle and genetics. Some people are more prone to certain diseases or conditions than others.
Aidan
Aidan
Yes, trucking can take a toll on your health if you don’t take care of yourself. I try to eat healthy, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep.
Eddie
Eddie
Actually truck drivers are immune and invincible.
Keanu
Keanu
+ obesity, lower back problems, digestive problems, skin cancer (wear sun screen people, just had 9 places on my face and 4 on my left arm frozen), knee problems, high blood pressure, and last but not least relationship problems. But hey we love what we do!
Barney
Barney
+ Obesity is the biggest one.
Mulder
Mulder
Blood clots also are a concern
Marni
Marni
My buddy's dad has colon cancer. Says its a truckers disease.
Benito
Benito
Surprised no one has said depression
More Comments
MAKE THE DREAM OF BECOMING AN OWNER/OPERATOR A REALITY Commercial
665 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject