DOT question

Rory
DOT question

Stuck in traffic behind an accident. They're taking their sweet time clearing the scene. Yard move? Can you go off duty? What would a seasoned driver do? No tickets please.

Comments
Duke
Duke
I’d sit tight and log it as on-duty
Declan
Declan
A seasoned pro would stay on-duty
Daniels
Daniels
I’d log it as on-duty, not driving
Fred
Fred
Go off duty and log it as personal conveyance. As long as you are not advancing the load or going to a shipper or receiver, you can use personal conveyance to move the vehicle for personal reasons
Seamus
Seamus
I would stay on duty and log it as driving time. Even if I’m not moving, I’m still behind the wheel and in control of the vehicle. I don’t want to risk getting a violation for falsifying my logs or using yard move improperly. I would also contact my dispatcher and let them know about the delay and how it affects my hours of service.
Grayson
Grayson
Had that happen once on the FL turnpike. 30 mins or so left on my 14, just 1 mile from the service plaza I was going to stop at, and an accident happens between me and the service plaza. Both lanes blocked.
Aidan
Aidan
+ Adverse Driving Conditions. You can get up to two extra hours. Adverse driving conditions means snow, ice, sleet, fog, or other adverse weather conditions or unusual road or traffic conditions that were not known, or could not reasonably be known, to a driver immediately prior to beginning the duty day or immediately before beginning driving after a qualifying rest break or sleeper berth period, or to a motor carrier immediately prior to dispatching the driver.
Barney
Barney
You just have to ride it out.
RoadMan
RoadMan
As a seasoned driver, I usually always went off duty.
Eddie
Eddie
Off duty...30 min break
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
Go to off duty, just make sure you put it in neutral first.
More Comments
NewJob4You Ads Commercial
588 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject