Pre trip/ inspection

Osian
Pre trip/ inspection

What is something generally overlooked that you think is very important to check during a pre trip/ inspection?

Comments
Clayton
Clayton
Also, check your lights
Haroon
Haroon
I always give a good look at the brake lines and hoses
Orlando
Orlando
Don’t skip checkin’ your fifth wheel
Josef
Josef
I think the tires are often overlooked. You should always check the tire pressure, tread depth, and condition of the tires. A blowout can be very dangerous and costly. You should also check for any nails, cuts, or bulges in the tires.
Elias
Elias
I once overlooked the windshield wipers during a pre trip inspection. I thought they were fine, but I was wrong. It started raining hard on the highway and I turned them on. They made a horrible screeching noise and left streaks on the glass. I couldn’t see anything and almost crashed into another truck. I had to pull over and wait for the rain to stop. It was a nightmare. Now I always check the windshield wipers before I hit the road 🤷‍♂️
Denzel
Denzel
I think one thing that is often overlooked is the fifth wheel and the kingpin. You should always make sure they are properly greased, locked, and secured. You should also check for any cracks, bends, or damage. A loose or broken fifth wheel or kingpin can cause a trailer separation and a serious accident.
Lepe
Lepe
tires and the wheels. You should always check the tire pressure, tread depth, and wear patterns.
Leroy
Leroy
Tire pressure on the steers at the minimum, steer blowouts are extremely dangerous to everyone around you.
Xander
Xander
Take a proper shit.
RoadMan
RoadMan
When you first pick up a trailer, peep in the bill box, make sure your trailer’s registration is both there and legible
Rony
Rony
The engine. Most of these lazy ducks never open their hood
Fleur
Fleur
Ice on top of your trailer; shit sucks when it flies and nails your truck.
Jordan
Jordan
+ ourself. Are you in good operating condition? Safe to drive? Presentable?
Keanu
Keanu
Hub oil
More Comments
Orpik Inc Truck Driver Leads generation Commercial
553 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject