Trucking with 2 or 3 people

Johnathan
Trucking with 2 or 3 people

Is this common in the US? Me and 2 best friends are looking into changing professions to truck driver. 3 people 1 truck! Is this possible ?

Comments
Keanu
Keanu
Sounds like a sitcom waiting to happen šŸ¤£
Artur Ishch
Artur Ishch
Three amigos in one rig? Sick
HFUER
HFUER
Thatā€™s a full-blown party!
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Eva Johnson / Customer Support

The question of whether several people can drive one load is very common. You probably want to buy one truck and start a family or friendly business. But is it possible? Let's figure it out.

Quite often, such a decision is due to the desire to earn more money and distribute the load among several people. This is some variant of team truck driving. The main condition here is that all members of the ā€œteamā€ have a driving license. Under this condition, they can take turns driving a truck or semi-trailer.

There are really more benefits here - more money, the opportunity to travel more, as well as pleasant company on the trip. However, do not forget that the registration device records the time traveled not by each of the drivers but not by each driver individually. So you still have to make stops according to the schedule.

If you are guided by the atmosphere while driving and pleasant conversations, then pay attention to the choice of a driving partner. If it's just your friend or colleague, then think about it many times. Trips can be long, and your driving style and behavior on the road may vary.

Elias
Elias
The third person has to ride in the trailer. And trust me, you donā€™t want to ride in the trailer. Itā€™s dark, cold, and noisy šŸ˜Ø
Orlando
Orlando
Sure, itā€™s possible. But itā€™s also a recipe for disaster. Three people in one truck means three times the drama, three times the mess, and three times the smell. Youā€™ll be begging for some alone time after a week.
Josef
Josef
You need to find a truck that has enough room for everyone, and you need to get along well with your friends. Trucking can be stressful and tiring, so you need to have good communication and patience.
Denzel
Denzel
Driving with your friends might sound fun, but it can also be frustrating and uncomfortable.
Benito
Benito
I could never be in the same truck with another stank ass dude let alone 2. Donā€™t do it
Milo
Milo
Not enough money to share between the three of you
Marni
Marni
As a rotation sure. Could help with burn out and not getting sick of the road with 3 people.
Levi
Levi
I trained with another guy and our trainer. We got hotels every night thankfully.
Krueger
Krueger
CR England: Boy have I got a deal for you!
Grayson
Grayson
If you want to end up murdering each other. Go for it
Eddie
Eddie
Iā€™ve seen 3 people in box trucks before. Usually involves heavy lifting and low pay. Never heard of it for semi-trucks.
Barney
Barney
It wouldn't be bad as a scheduled rotation. Not as a team.
Aidan
Aidan
+ No itā€™s not common and frankly it makes zero sense to have three drivers in one truck.
More Comments
NewJob4You Ads Commercial
595 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking ā€œAcceptā€ allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject