Old or new trucks?

Duncan
Old or new trucks?

Hello fellow trucker do y’all prefer older or newer trucks and why? Also what’s the difference between a truck with DEF and a truck without ?

Comments
Leon
Leon
Newer trucks might cost more upfront, but they hold their value
Sion
Sion
Prefer new, because they’re safer, run smoother, and let’s be honest, that new truck smell beats a dusty old cab.
Magnus
Magnus
Old trucks. They are simpler to fix, no need for a computer science degree
GGG
GGG
older trucks better. They have more character and personality. Newer trucks are too fancy and complicated for me.
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
I prefer to ride my bicycle. It’s good for the planet and my health.
Aidan
Aidan
I prefer older trucks because they are simpler and easier to maintain. They don’t have all the emission systems and sensors that can cause problems and reduce fuel efficiency. A truck without DEF is cheaper to operate and more reliable
Grayson
Grayson
I don’t have a strong preference, I think both old and new trucks have their pros and cons. It depends on what you need and what you can afford. A truck without DEF may save you some money on fuel and maintenance, but it may also have more wear and tear and lower resale value. A truck with DEF may cost you more upfront and require more frequent refills, but it may also have better performance and meet the emission standards
Barney
Barney
Both have their perks.
Iqra
Iqra
I’ve driven old trucks and I’ve driven new ones. The old straight piped king nose trucks put a smile on my face when I drive them
Seamus
Seamus
Newer trucks because they are more comfortable and have better technology. I like having a smooth ride and a clean engine. DEF is not a big deal for me, I just fill it up when I need to and it helps the environment.
Eddie
Eddie
Older. 70s trucks just keep going. They refuse to die.
Levi
Levi
If you do long hauls or drive in cold weather, you might want a newer truck with DEF because it will save you fuel and reduce emissions. If you do short hauls or drive in warm weather, you might want an older truck without DEF because it will be simpler and cheaper to maintain.
Krueger
Krueger
+ I prefer older trucks because they are more reliable and easier to work on. I don’t like dealing with all the sensors and filters on the new trucks. Plus, DEF is expensive and hard to find sometimes.
More Comments
Can help with Drivers Commercial
642 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject