50 or 53 step deck

Tomas
50 or 53 step deck

I've always wondered but never asked. Why are there 50 footers and 53 footers? Im guessing bridge laws in different states?

Comments
Marni
Marni
Some states got restrictions that make the 50-foot step deck the right tool for the job.
Mandeep
Mandeep
It’s all about the load and the road, my friend
Keanu
Keanu
the 50-footers are kinda like the old school rigs, you know?
Fleur
Fleur
50 footers are for rookies who can’t handle the extra 3 feet of swing. 53 footers are for real drivers who know how to back up and maneuver in tight spots.😎
Magnus
Magnus
It’s all about the load capacity and weight distribution. 53 footers can haul more freight and balance it better over the axles. 50 footers are for lighter loads and shorter runs.🚚
Krueger
Krueger
Depends on a lot of factors, 50 feet are lighter and easier to maneuver, 53 feet hold more cargo and have many more configuration options.
Grayson
Grayson
I don’t care about the length as long as it meets my customer’s needs and complies with the bridge laws. I just make sure to check the weight and dimensions of my load and adjust my axle spacing accordingly.
Iqra
Iqra
It could always be how much upper deck or lower deck space you want.
Josef
Josef
I prefer a 50 footer because it gives me more flexibility in loading different types of cargo. It also helps me avoid some bridge law issues in certain states where the maximum length allowed is 50 feet.
Denzel
Denzel
53 footer. It helps me avoid some oversize permits in certain states where the maximum height allowed is 13.5 feet on a 53 foot trailer.
Daniels
Daniels
+ The difference between these two lengths may affect the weight distribution and the bridge laws compliance of the trailer.
More Comments
Orpik Inc Truck Driver Leads generation Commercial
691 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject