My thoughts on the best OTR trucking companies

Seamus
My thoughts on the best OTR trucking companies

Came across this article that lists some of the best OTR trucking companies in the US: https://newjobs4you.com/blogs/companies/video-best-otr-trucking-companies/

Came across this article that lists some of the best OTR trucking companies in the US: https://newjobs4you.com/blogs/companies/video-best-otr-trucking-companies/

I have to say, I agree with most of their choices. I’ve worked for XPO and Schneider before, and they were both great employers. They paid well, had good benefits, and respected their drivers. I especially liked the flexibility and bonuses that XPO offered. Schneider was also very reliable and supportive, and they helped me get my CDL.

I haven’t worked for Freightech or Old Dominion, but I’ve heard good things about them from other drivers. They seem to have a good reputation and a family-oriented culture. I might consider applying to them in the future if I’m looking for a change.

The only one I’m not too sure about is ABF Freight System. I’ve heard mixed reviews about them, and some of their policies seem a bit outdated. For example, they still use paper logs instead of electronic ones, which can be a hassle. They also have a lot of union issues and strikes, which can affect your pay and job security. I don’t know if they’re worth the risk.

What do you guys think? Have you worked for any of these companies? Do you have any other recommendations for OTR trucking jobs?

Read more...

Comments
Grayson
Grayson
I work for Freightech and I can say they are one of the best OTR trucking companies out there. They have a family atmosphere and they care about their drivers.
Krueger
Krueger
+ I agree with you on XPO and Schneider, they are both solid companies.
Magnus
Magnus
Old Dominion for 3 years now and I’m very happy with them.
Levi
Levi
💪💪 I’ve been with XPO for 2 years now and I love it.
Eddie
Eddie
Schneider was my first company and they trained me well. I learned a lot from them and I still keep in touch with some of the people there.
Justin
Justin
I’ve worked for both XPO and Schneider in the past, and I have mixed feelings about them. XPO was good at first, but then they started to cut corners and lower their standards. They started to pay late, reduce benefits, and increase fees. They also had a lot of turnover and management changes, which made things chaotic and stressful. Schneider was better, but they were also very strict and demanding.
More Comments
MAKE THE DREAM OF BECOMING AN OWNER/OPERATOR A REALITY Commercial
616 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject