Speak Out Against Autonomous Trucks

Seamus
Speak Out Against Autonomous Trucks

Hey y'all, Recently have been reading some staff here, and came across this article about the future of autonomous trucks and I gotta say, I'm not impressed.

Hey y'all, Recently have been reading some staff here, and came across this article about the future of autonomous trucks and I gotta say, I'm not impressed. These tech companies think they can just replace us with some fancy robots and sensors, but they don't know shit about trucking. They don't know how to handle bad weather, traffic jams, road hazards, or mechanical problems. They don't know the joy of driving a big rig across this beautiful country, or the pride of delivering goods that keep our economy running.

Sure, they claim that autonomous trucks will make the roads safer, save fuel, and increase productivity. But at what cost? What about the millions of truck drivers who will lose their jobs and livelihoods? What about the small towns and businesses that depend on truckers for their income and services?

I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to give up my steering wheel to some computer that doesn't care about me or my fellow drivers. I'm not ready to let some Silicon Valley nerds take over our industry and ruin our culture.

What do you think? Are you for or against autonomous trucks?

Read more...

Comments
Lepe
Lepe
Those tech folks don’t get what it means to be out here
Ayden
Ayden
We aren't just drivers, we’re the backbone of this country.
Tamsin
Tamsin
no robot is going to understand the heart and soul of trucking.
Barney
Barney
I’m with you, brothers. Autonomous trucks are a threat to our profession and our dignity. We’re not just drivers, we’re skilled workers who know how to handle any situation on the road.
Pascal
Pascal
Trucking is more than just driving, it’s a way of life. And these techies don’t have a clue about that.
Iqra
Iqra
These machines can’t replace us
Levi
Levi
They can pry my steering wheel from my cold, dead hands
Eddie
Eddie
They’re nothing but a bunch of glorified golf carts that can’t handle the real world. They’ll never be able to match the experience and intuition of a human driver.
Krueger
Krueger
Hell no, I’m not for autonomous trucks.
More Comments
The Best Freight Broker Commercial
663 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject