Has anyone heard anything new about that federal speed governor requirement?

Has anyone heard anything new about that federal speed governor requirement?

I read on the fmcsa website that they put out a notice of intent back in April, and we’re taking comments on it, but not a word since. If you didn’t know about it, they stated that since there has been a supposed increase of accidents over 70 mph, they plan to impose a federal regulation for speed governors at 65 mph.

Comments
Epic
Epic
It highly depends on what speed they settle on. I don't support this but if they did do it, it should be at least 75mph.
Moon
Moon
It is being pushed by the mega carriers. One of the reasons people leave mega carriers is because of the slow trucks. They are trying to force all trucks to be governed at similar speeds to them to reduce churn.
Roman
Roman
I always tap the brakes to slow from cc at 64 to let somebody pass going 64.5. It makes me uncomfortable not to bc ik the whole interstate will be jammed up if I don’t let somebody past me
Mulder
Mulder
Won’t happen, the main reason governors are used is for fuel economy, they in fact are proven to be highly unsafe as they create huge clumps of vehicles in close proximity and the risk of vehicle interaction gets very high.
Rory
Rory
not a good idea for them to do. slow moving vehicles increase risks more for accidents...
More Comments
742 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject