DOT Medical card with a CDL?

DOT Medical card with a CDL?

Are you required to carry your DOT Medical card at all times with a CDL?

Comments
HFUER
HFUER
That medical card needs to be your constant road companion.
Rory
Rory
It’s like your passport to the highways – no card, no driving
Mulder
Mulder
Yep, you gotta keep that DOT Medical card on you when you’re behind the wheel.
Eva Johnson / Customer Support
Eva Johnson / Customer Support

In order to become a licensed commercial driver, you must pass a DOT medical examination.

What is being checked?

• Blood pressure and pulse. Normally, the driver's blood pressure should not be higher than 140/90. If the pressure is not normal, the driver gets a certificate and is examined again after some time.
  • Vision. The driver must have a vision of at least 20/40. He may also use lenses or glasses. Also checked the peripheral vision and the ability to distinguish the colors of traffic lights.
  • Hearing. Drivers must be able to recognize 'whispered' text from more than 5 feet away.
  • General urinalysis. Tested to detect kidney or liver problems.

In addition to all of the above, the driver's physical data - general appearance, musculoskeletal system, limb function, etc. are checked.

Also, a DOT with a CDL is needed to show it to the freight company where you are going to get a job.

It is necessary to obtain such medical documents from the Ministry of Transport (DOT), although many requirements may seem excessive. All this ensures a safe situation on the road because the management of commercial transport is a difficult task. Thus, all professional truck drivers should get a DOT with a CDL and have it with them during trips of any duration.

Orlando
Orlando
Unless you’re driving in California, then you need a whole bunch of other stuff too
Declan
Declan
just tattoo it on your forehead.
Epic
Epic
You are not actually required
Roman
Roman
Yes, you are required to carry your DOT medical card at all times with a CDL. You must also provide a copy of your medical card to your state driver licensing agency (SDLA) and update them whenever your medical status or expiration date changes
GGG
GGG
I put mine in my permit book, because you're getting that out for them anyway.
Keanu
Keanu
+ I keep mine in the truck,don’t trust gov.officials to do their job right.
Benito
Benito

LINK

As of January 30, 2015, Class A, B, or C commercial drivers which certify as “non-exempted interstate” drivers are no longer required to carry their Medical Examiner Certificate in their possession.
Leroy
Leroy
Always carry mine when driving
Thomas D.
Thomas D.
I carry mine along with all ID
Hello
Hello
I forgot where it was. But yes. It's in my Laptop bag that never leaves the truck.
More Comments
Facebook Ads Commercial
562 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject