DOT officer

DOT officer

Does a officer have the right to go through your truck when they pull you over ?

Comments
Elias
Elias
If they wanna peek in your cab, you best roll out the red carpet
Orlando
Orlando
DOT’s got more rights than a trucker at a buffet.
Tamsin
Tamsin
Just hope they don’t find your secret snack stash
Daniels
Daniels
That means they have nothing better to do than to snoop around your stuff. If you refuse, they can call their buddies and have a party in your truck.
Ayden
Ayden
Yes, they have the right to go through your truck if they have probable cause. That means they have a reason to suspect you’re violating the law or hiding something. If you refuse, they can call the state troopers and search your truck anyway
Magnus
Magnus
They can check for safety violations, contraband, or anything else that might be illegal. You can refuse to consent, but they might still search your truck if they have a warrant or a reasonable suspicion.
Denzel
Denzel
Yes, they do have the right to go through your truck if they have probable cause or your consent.
Fred
Fred
It depends on the situation and the state you’re in.
HFUER
HFUER
In my 10 years of experience I've never had one come inside the truck.
Roman
Roman
Yes. They can fully search your truck along with all of your personal belongings. And before people start saying they have to have a warrant, no they do not.
Artur Ishch
Artur Ishch
Only in search of violations in operation.
Moon
Moon
+ I’m sure they can but I’ve never had one do it.
Epic
Epic
They can get in the cab and look around for safety violations but are not allowed to look through your personal stuff
Hello
Hello
Don’t give them a reason to search and they won’t.
More Comments
MAKE THE DREAM OF BECOMING AN OWNER/OPERATOR A REALITY Commercial
580 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject