Post Trip Inspections

Post Trip Inspections

I know it's good practice to do them, but if they are actually required by DOT? And if they're required to be documented similarly to pre trips?

Comments
Daniels
Daniels
It’s part of the daily chores
Elias
Elias
Just like checking your lights before a night run, you gotta document those post-trip inspections
Magnus
Magnus
You gotta do a written post-trip inspection at the end of your shift, just like the pre-trip
Mike
Mike
Ain’t nobody got time for that. I just kick the tires, slam the door, and hit the road. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. And if it is broke, well, that’s what duct tape is for.
Fleur
Fleur
You have to check your vehicle for any defects or problems that could affect its safety or performance. You also have to write a report and list any issues you find or that were reported to you. You have to give the report to your carrier and they have to fix the problems before you drive again. Don’t skip the post trip, it could save your ass.
Josef
Josef
You also have to do a post-trip inspection at the end of each day and fill out a written report if you find any defects or problems.
Aidan
Aidan
Yes, they are required by DOT. You have to do a pre-trip inspection before you operate the vehicle and make sure it is in safe condition.
Levi
Levi
if I have lots of time, ill do it, but I never log it.
Krueger
Krueger
Yes required. They're the law
Barney
Barney
Not required
Iqra
Iqra
FMCSA only requires a pretrip.
Eddie
Eddie
Far as I know only pretrips need documentation
Marni
Marni
A post-trip inspection is REQUIRED by the FMCSA
Keanu
Keanu
+ It's good to log it, at least 10 minutes for a post trip, even if it's not required you can show dot you did one.
More Comments
Parking spots Commercial
597 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject