Overweight?

Overweight?

I'm 6'1 and about 260. Don't smoke, drink, or anything. Used to bending and climbing with no problems and very coordinated. Is there a health requirement that would be an issue? Done past DOT physical with no medical problems. Just wondering

Comments
Duncan
Duncan
Sounds like you’re built like a diesel engine, strong and reliable 💪
Leroy
Leroy
Long as you’re passing those DOT physicals and can climb up into the truck, you’re good.
Mulder
Mulder
At 6’1 and 260, you’re just bringing more to love to the cab, my friend.
Daniels
Daniels
There are plenty of big guys in this industry, and they do just fine. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. You’re not overweight, you’re just big-boned.
Haroon
Haroon
You should be fine, as long as you can pass the DOT physical and do your job.
Barney
Barney
If you have any medical problems that require treatment or medication, you may need a medical certificate from your doctor. Being overweight can increase your risk of developing some of these conditions, so it is advisable to maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet as much as possible.
Pascal
Pascal
If you are asking about your health, there is no specific weight requirement for truck drivers, but you do have to pass a DOT physical every two years.
Denzel
Denzel
+ If you've passed your DOT physical then it shouldn't be an issue; however, some companies may require some kind of agility test but I'm sure you could pass it, no worries.
Eddie
Eddie
Im 6'2 290 and just applied with TMC and was passed over.
Aidan
Aidan
Some companies are requiring a 'work steps' evaluation for agility, I think you might be able to google it and get more information.
Grayson
Grayson
I read about drivers failing the duck walk @ us express quite often, that bus ride home has got to suck.
Iqra
Iqra
I never heard of the duck walk and I have been through tons of physical's
Magnus
Magnus
There are a few companies, but very few, that require a duck walk under the edge of the trailer and right back out.
More Comments
NewJob4You Ads Commercial
608 Users
NewJobs4you.com cookies notice

We use a tool to capture how users interact with our websites so we can analyze and improve the user experience. Clicking “Accept” allows us to use this tool when you visit our websites. For more information, read our Privacy Center article on Cookies and tracking.

Accept
Reject